The purchase of a new home is among the largest investments that any family makes, and therefore, you need to be sure that you know all about the house you are about to buy, before you complete the purchase.
We will undertake a thorough, independent and unbiased professional inspection of your building and will then prepare a fully comprehensive report on the exact condition of the property you intend to purchase. This will enable you to assess the overall suitability of the property and calculate into your costs, any additional charges that may be required to remedy potential defects.
Our Pre-Purchase Building Inspection will include but not be limited to the following items: –
- Building Interior – we will pay particular attention for signs of damage to walls, wet areas, ceilings, doors and windows.
- Roof Cavity Area – we seek to confirm the structural integrity of the mainframe and insulation material, whilst looking for any deterioration in electrical wiring or obvious signs of rodent infestation.
- Building Subfloor – we look for any hazardous material that may have been stored under the building along with discarded building materials, but also establish that there is adequate ventilation, with no problems to stumps, piers or obvious signs of deterioration to electrical wiring and no indication of potential damp problems.
- Roofing Materials – we will ensure that all roofing is correctly article presents information that will help you create help secured along with chimney and flue structures. We verify that flashings, guttering, downpipes and box cutters are all in a good state of repair.
- Building Exterior – we inspect all exterior walls to confirm that they are straight and perpendicular but show no signs of cracking or other significant wear and damage, including signs of dampness. We check that all decks, patios, balconies, verandas along with any attached rails or balustrades, are in a good state of repair and comply with all relevant safety regulations. We verify that the hot water system incorporates a safety switch installation and inspect for any rotting timber within the doors, posts and Windows.
- Property Outbuildings And Perimeter Areas – it is essential that any building inspection includes a careful examination of the site drainage facilities, any underfloor water retention that may show signs of future rising damp, along with the condition of any external paths, driveways and steps. We carefully inspect the condition of any property fencing or trees which would show indications of possible termite infestation. Finally, we verifythe waterproof condition of any outbuildings contained within the property area.
Each of our building inspection reports are accompanied by high definition colour photographs that will show any areas of concern that we unearth during our inspection.